tl;dr: The free software that I wrote and maintained for years is no longer available or supported. Sorry/not sorry.
There was a time that I was very active in developing free software for the ham radio community. I wrote two very widely used plugs-ins for the MixW HF digital mode program. I also wrote ScannerCast™, a Shoutcast/ICEcast compatible app for forwarding scanner audio over the internet.
I wrote MixwButtons and an Online Callbook DLL that did QRZ-based lookups of callsigns within MixW. It gives me great satisfaction that these apps were used by hams worldwide. But MixW is (sadly) abandonware at this point… and I haven’t done anything with this software since sometime in 2011.
This little app was so popular that it was adopted as the official live audio broadcasting software for Broadcastify. They still use and distribute it to this day (as of 2023, at least). I stopped updating this software sometime in 2010, and officially stopped supporting it in 2017.
Thanks… Time to Move On
I am extremely grateful to the many thousands of folks who have used ScannerCast™ and/or my MixW plug-ins over the years and who have taken the time to drop me a line to say hello. But to be clear: I will no longer provide download links, answer emails, or provide bug fixes for any of this software. It’s all lived long past the time when it needs to be retired. Time marches on!
Licensing and Legalese
Even though these software programs are no longer actively developed or supported, all previous software license terms and conditions remain in effect. See below.
ScannerCast™ is a trademark of Peter Viscarola, K1PGV. The ScannerCast software, documentation and configuration information are Copyright © 2009-2010 Peter Viscarola, K1PGV. All rights reserved.
The free software available that is (currently or has previously been) available via this web site is provided to the community for personal, non-commercial use at no cost, but subject to the terms of this license agreement. You may not download or use any software from this web site unless you fully agree to these terms and conditions. Commercial use or redistribution of the software requires a separate, written, license agreement with the Author. Commercial use is defined as any use by a business, organization, government agency, non-natural person, or where the user derives profit or compensation resulting, in whole or in part, from the use of the software.
- User acknowledges that the Software is still in the development stage and that it is being supplied “as is”, “where is”, and “as available”, without any support services from the author. Further, THE AUTHOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY RESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MECHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ANY WARRANTY OF TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT THE WORK (OR ANY PORTION THEREOF) IS CORRECT, USEFUL, BUG-FREE OR FREE OF VIRUSES, or that the application of the software, will not infringe on any patents or other proprietary rights of others.
- The Author shall not be held liable for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or punitive damages arising from any claim by User or any third party with respect to uses allowed under this license, or from any use of the Software.
- User agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless the author from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, losses, damages, costs and expenses arising out of the User’s use of the Software.
- This agreement will terminate immediately upon User’s breach of, or non-compliance with, any of its terms. User may be held liable for any copyright infringement or the infringement of any other proprietary rights in the Software that is caused or facilitated by the User’s failure to abide by the terms of this agreement.
- This License constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the Software licensed herein. There are no understandings, agreements or representations with respect to the Software not specified herein. The Author shall not be bound by any additional provisions that may appear in any communication from User. This License may not be modified without the mutual written agreement of the Author and User.
- This agreement will be construed and enforced in accordance with the law of the state of New Hampshire applicable to contracts performed entirely within the State. The parties irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts located in the New Hampshire for all disputes concerning this agreement.